- getting the house sold (done!)
- getting my self-confidence back (well underway!)
- eating healthy again (also well underway – ask me about the upset tummy I had all night from all the rich food this season. Apparently I’ve been eating SO healthy that the holidays give me a tummyache)
- working out like I used to (both of the above to help lose weight in addition to feeling better and eventually train again) I’ve done so well with this one that I’ve actually DOUBLED my workout stats from last year
- graduate (done, and then some)
- take the GRE (done TWICE, and then some)
- get promoted again (well, I didn’t accomplish this one, but I DID get a WAY better job, so we’ll say DONE)
- oh, and keep things straight with the guy (this one will never be accomplished unless I get a new dude altogether so we’ll bypass it for now.)
I need to figure out what the next version of MAJ needs to accomplish. Plus it needs to have a cool Droidy name.
How about MAJsicle? I'm not a big fan of creamsicles, or dreamsicles (or whatever you know them as), but it sounds cool. And tasty. And refreshing.
So while I ruminate on what the goals will be for the MAJsicle Revision, here are a couple of parting thoughts:
FIRSTI am inviting all my girlfriends to make a pact with me for 2012. The pact is this: we will try to make this version of ourselves the best to date. Instead of writing resolutions, we are sitting down to determine who do I want to be? Then, in times of self-doubt, fear, difficulty or worry, we are going to remind each other to ask, "is this what the old me would do, or what the NEW me would do?"
NEXTI have ended 2011 with over 100,000 yards swam, over 1800 miles ridden, and almost 500 miles ran. While individually these are not a lot in some areas, they represent more than double the volume at which I trained in 2010.
Bike: 117h 28m 47s - 1889.05 Mi
Run: 101h 35m 37s - 466.65 Mi
Swim: 45h 36m 41s - 100363.7 Yd
Strength: 15h 35m
Stretching: 10m 20s
Walking: 3h 20m
Yoga: 1h 35m 20s
Bike: 40h 31m 45s - 521.17 Mi
Run: 38h 27m 36s - 153.64 Mi
Swim: 8h 55m 04s - 14400 Yd
Strength: 5h 02m
Run: 55m 33s
Do yourself a flavor (you decide what to call it) and hop on over and read this great article shared with me by a Tri Friend. You'll thank me.